Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), we at Hope Centre (Singapore) take our responsibilities under Singapore PDPA’s seriously. ‘Personal Data’ defined under the PDPA means data about an individual who can be identified from that data or other information that an organization is likely to have or has access to. Hence, we recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
The types of personal data we collect will vary depending on the purposes of collecting the data. Personal data we collect may include:
- Name, nationality, NRIC, foreign identification number, work permit number, passport number, date of birth, race and/or gender
- Contact information (e.g. addresses, phone numbers, email addresses)
- Marital status
- Educational and professional qualifications
- Medical details and/or health information
- Family income (for application of fee waiver)
- Employment history (for job application)
- Family background, financial information (for staff and job applicants)
- Likeness, voice (e.g. in the form of photographs or video recording)
Collection and Usage of Personal Information
The Personal Data we collect, use and disclose (eg. NRIC/FIN/passport contact details) whether in writing, electronically or otherwise will be used for the following purposes:
- processing and administering donations received;
- organising campaigns to raise funds;
- processing applications for volunteering opportunities at our events and/or services;
- recruitment and selection;
- applying, processing, evaluating, verifying, auditing, disbursing and investigating the application or the grants disbursed or to be disbursed relating to any grant(s) from the government and/or its agencies;
- sending out newsletters and updates;
- complying with legal obligations and regulatory requirements;
- seeking feedback or comments regarding our services;
- maintaining and updating various records in our databases;
- responding to complaints, feedback, queries and/or requests;
- communicating with donors, volunteers, employees, beneficiaries and website visitors; and/or
- any other reasonable purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
Before we collect, use or disclose your personal data, we will notify you of the purpose for doing so via our data protection policy available on our website. We will then obtain your express written consent before collecting, using or disclosing your personal data for the stated purpose. As far as possible, we will not collect, use or disclose more personal data than what is reasonably necessary for the stated purpose.
Usage of your personal data is limited to these purposes and unless expressly permitted by you, your personal data will be kept confidential.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
In order to conduct our operations smoothly, we may disclose your personal data to our third-party service providers, agents, affiliates and/or related corporations, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent for us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations.
Managing Access and Correction Requests
We endeavour to record your information accurately. If you have any concerns with:
(i) the way your personal data is handled;
(ii) notice an error in your personal data;
(iii) your information has changed;
please notify us and this will be corrected as soon as possible.
Updating or editing of personal information can be made at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope Centre (Singapore) reserves the right to reject, among others, frivolous or vexatious requests or complaints.
If you wish to withdraw any consent given in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data for any purpose by us, you should give us reasonable advance notice of at least ten (10) business days.
Should we require more time to give effect to your notice, we will inform you of the time frame by which the withdrawal of consent will take effect.
Your request for withdrawal of consent can take the form of an email. Please email us at email@example.com for your request. Please give us 5 working days to respond.
Protection and Security of Information
Hope Centre (Singapore) will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is secure.
Data Protection Officer
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Address: 806 King George Avenue #03-222 (S200806), Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’
The DPO will investigate the complaint within five(5) working days of receiving the written request or complaint and will contact the complainant within a reasonable time, in order to address any concerns relating to matters with the PDPA.